- About the Department
Computer Engineering is rapidly growing professions, where the engineers uses knowledge of digital hardware and software to produce instruments, devices and systems from home computers to super computers for the benefits of the mankind. Digital systems and computers have developed with remarkable speed over past thirty years to permeate every aspect of human of the science and technology.
The curriculum in Computer Engineering is designed to provide the fundamental engineering and scientific principle as well as the liberal education essential to the professional growth of the typical student. The department of Computer Engineering is established in August 2001.
- Evolve as a centre of excellence in computer science and engineering education.
- Aims to prepare the graduates of the department to be future technocrats with excellent teaching.
- To create the most encouraging environment for higher studies and successful career.
- M1 : To harvest top quality computer science professionals by providing state-of-the-art training, hands-on experience and quality education.
- M2: To collaborate with industry and academia around the region to achieve quality education through active participation of all the stakeholders.
- M3: To provide a healthy environment where students can inherit social responsibilities in day to day life.
|No.||Course Name||Degree||Course Duration||Intake|
|1||Computer Science & Engineering||BE||4 Years||60|
|2||Information Technology||BE||4 Years||60|
The Department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing facilities bearing Gujarat Technological University (GTU) curriculum. Following laboratories are available for different fields of computer and IT.
- Operating System Lab
- Java Lab
- Internet Technology Lab
- Networking Lab
- System Software Lab
- Open source software Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- IoT Lab
- Educational objectives of department
Computer industries require a large number of experts with different skills. The department has strong collaboration with industries and has signed MOU with many leading companies. The department’s prime objective is to impart quality technical education through research, innovation and teamwork to prepare the technocrats like …
- Software Developers
- Hardware Engineers
- Network Administrators
- Database Administrators
- System Designers
- System Analysts